Though you may think we’re constantly at work researching stories, selling advertising and designing sweet covers for The Source, we also watch a ton of viral videos, to stay in the know, of course.
1. Auto-Tune the News: Bed Intruder Song – Hide your kids, hide your wife! No one could hide from this breakout video in 2010, though.
2. Yosemitebear Mountain Giant Double Rainbow 1-8-2010 – Woah! It’s almost a triple rainbow! What does this mean???
3. The Enemy Within: Backyard Clothesline - As Bend is the weird news capital of Oregon, it’s no surprise our very own clothesline lady made it to the Colbert Report in this hilarious clip.
4. Eating a 3.5lb Burrito: The Boswell Challenge - Every once in awhile we dabble in video here at The Source and this was our most viewed video in 2010. Our own Mike Bookey tries to conquer The Taco Stand’s Boswell Challenge.
5. Miley Cyrus Smoking Salvia from a Bong - Maybe if we were the ones taking a hit off that bong Miley’s music would be tolerable, but probably not.
6. Metrodome Roof Collapses - As the snow starts falling inside the stadium, a solitary tear trickles down Minnesota native, and Source Editor, Eric Flower’s cheek.
7. Old Spice: The Man Your Man Could Smell Like - You can almost smell the awesomeness of all of Old Spice’s commercials featuring Isaiah Mustafa from your computer screen.
8. So You Want to be a Journalist - This XtraNormal video only crossed onto our radar this month, but it’s hilarious, and hits a little too close to home if you ever want to J-school or have wanted to work at the New York Times.
9. Tweeting the News - A news team in Dallas, TX threw this clip together, showing just how into social media the media is. You better tweet this to your 87 followers.
10. Steelhead Nymphing vs Swinging Flys - If you’re not a seasoned fly fisherman, this one may not seems all that funny, until the very end that is, when it is hilarious.