It’s time for the annual Source Fall Fiction and Art Contest! And you should write, paint, sculpt or draw something! We want to publish your work and throw you a party!
Here’s what you need to know to win:
“She stumbled out the front door and down the wet steps.”
The Source’s Fall Fiction and Art Contest is guided by one rule—you must begin with that line. For the next two weeks, through midnight on Sept. 12, we will accept your short fiction and visual art pieces completing the story that begins with that sentence.
- The winners and runners up of our contest will have their work published in the Sept. 20 edition of the Source.
- All participants are invited to a party hosted by the Source and Nature of Words where writers may read their stories and artists’ works will be displayed.
- Writers are strongly encouraged to limit pieces to 500 words.
- All forms of visual art completing an idea beginning with that sentence should be submitted using a JPEG or scanned image.
- All submissions should be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Fall Fiction in the subject line
Get to it. Go!