While the name implies a folk bent, the Sisters Folk Festival recently announced the addition of artists spanning a variety of styles, cultures and genres to bring a more diverse offering to this year’s festival. Each year, the Sisters Folk Festival brings major players to the Sisters area for a weekend of quality music in intimate settings throughout town. Recent additions to the lineup include:
- Sarah Jarosz — Grammy-winning artist for Best Folk Album and Best American Roots Performance
- Hot Club of Cowtown — A hot jazz and Western-swing trio
- Tremoloco — With a sound that encompasses their Gulf-Coast, California Country and Tex-Mex-American roots
- Phoebe Hunt & the Gatherers — Led by fiddler and singer-songwriter Phoebe Hunt
- Jerron “Blind Boy” Paxton — Ragtime, old-time, Appalachian mountain music and blues
- Martha Scanlan — Wide-open western landscape songs
- Ben Hunter & Joe Seamons — Young and creative interpreters of American music
- Mai Bloomfield — Cello accompaniment
Dennis McGregor and the Spoilers play their annual jam at Angeline’s Bakery on Saturday evening of the festival.
Look for the full festival lineup to be released by mid-June! Don’t forget to get your tickets now, the festival reports fast sales and the likelihood of a sellout. Don’t get left out of this amazing annual festival of talented musicians and community.