For our annual Top 10 Issue, we polled some of our local people organizations for their personal top 10 lists. My favorite came from the folks of the Division Street Stakepark Project.
Behold, Top 10 Reasons Bend Needs a Skatepark:
1. Without it, our per capita consumption of PBR makes us look like a bunch of redneck booze hounds.
2. Because I can only imagine how awesome BMC's "what if" radio campaign is going to be after the park opens.
3. How else will we ever hear the words "The pregnant man pulled off a sick 900" uttered?
4. Because I've invested in Krylon stock.
5. So that Boneyard Beer's Tony "Chicken Head" Lawrence can finally make his Peralta Porter for the opening ceremonies.
6. Because the homeless look bored, and need to get some exercise.
7. So that clients of the marijuana co-op on Division Street have a place to chill out and use terms like "whooooooah" and/or "niiiiiiiiiiiiiice."
8. If we don't, then the DMV will try to take the spot instead.
9. Because the local Canada geese population apparently need a new place to poop.
10. Because Redmond is not cooler than Bend.