How to prepare for the ApocEclipse:
- Stock up on groceries, water, gas and beer early so stores can restock.
- Pick up prescriptions and medical supplies in advance.
- Be ready to lose touch with the world. Cell phone and Internet service could crash.
- Hit the ATM before the crowds arrive. Either the Internet will break or they will run out of cash.
- Don't schedule doctor or dental appointments.
- Conserve water both for thirsty tourists and to fight the almost inevitable fire.
- Unplug unnecessary appliances so there's enough electricity to go around.
- Telecommute on Eclipse Day or ride your bike to work.
- Practice your breathing exercises. This is going to take a lot of patience.
Learn more and follow the unfolding ApocEclipse at the Central Oregon Emergency Information Network coemergencyinfo.blogspot.com.
Eclipse Info 101
The shadow the moon makes has two parts:
- Penumbra — The faint outer shadow.
Partial solar eclipses visible from within the penumbral shadow.
- Umbra — The dark inner shadow.
Total solar eclipses visible from within the umbral shadow.