Content & Art Direction by Amanda Klingman
Photos by Jewel Images | Models Lindsey & Kaia Mae Cox
Diapers? Check. Carseat? Duh.
You’ve got the staples covered but bringing home baby can still be a bit, well… overwhelming. You don’t need every product under the sun to survive those beautiful and bewildering first few weeks at home, just those that soothe baby and support Mamma. Bend Nest brings you our wisest recommendations for products that can be purchased locally to help making bringing home baby even sweeter.
From Top to Bottom:
- WubbaNub Infact Pacifier with permanently attached paci helps prevent the “missing paci” problem while little legs on plush animals are perfect for tiny hands to grasp $15.99 Baby Phases
- Cloudb Peaceful Panda plays soothing sounds for better sleep $27.95 – $32 Hopscotch Kids
- NoseFrida, the snotsucker sounds silly but this doctor designed aspirator actually gets the boogies out helping baby breathe and rest better $19.99 Baby Phases
- Sophie the Giraffe has been delighting infants and toddlers for decades and is still creating squeals of joy! $27.95 Hopscotch Kids
- Eco-Piggy Pacifier and Brombie Wooden Bead Clip promotes breastfeeding and helps mom “keep it together” $24.99 Baby Phases
- Goumimitts are simply, yet intelligently designed mittens that stay on tiny hands protecting baby from scratches and germs. $11.99 Baby Phases
- Aden & Anais Muslin Swaddle Blankets are breathable and oh, so versatile. Large enough to cover a car seat but perfect for recreating the feeling of the womb when used as a swaddle $39.95 for a set of 3 Hopscotch Kids
- Splish Splash, baby needs a bath! Newborn Bath Set includes bath, towel, washcloths, hooks and a first bath guide $76.95 Hopscotch Kids
- The Paisley Rocker makes story time, lullabies, nursing and napping even more lovely with beautiful design that looks as good in the living room as it does in the nursery. $599.99 Baby Phases
- Sudara Mina Robe is perfect for those early morning and late night feedings when comfort and accessability are the priority and style is a bonus. This local company also helps provide opportunities to women and children who have escaped human trafficking. $79 Oregon Body and Bath
Left: Moms on the go can find fashion and function in the Skip Hop Simply Chic Diaper Backpack $99.99 Baby Phase
Right: Swaying, curved seat that soothes from baby to big kid. This motor-free marvel gives parents a break and baby a delight without cluttering up your living room. $229.99 – $269.99 Baby Phases
From Top to Bottom:
- Locally made Blankie, Burp Cloth and Bib set with attached pacifier for quick and easy cleaning and soothing. $39.50 Baby Phases.
- Moby Wrap baby carrier holds baby safely and securely in an upright position helping to alleviate colic while promoting bonding and giving Mamma an opportunity to be hands free. $44.99 Baby Phases
- My Breast Friend Breastfeeding pillow supports Mom with a back and arm rest and cradles baby into the latching position. With convenient pockets to hold your breastfeeding accessories, this pillow is loved my new moms and the #1 choice of lactation consultants. $44.99 Baby Phases
- 4-in-1 Cover by Covered Goods serves as a nursing cover, car seat cover, shopping cart cover and infinity scarf for stylish and practical moms. $34.99 Baby Phases
- Skip Hop Activity Gym with eye-catching animals, music, textures, teethers, rattles, tummy time pillow and more is pure entertainment for newborns and infants ready to explore $89.95 Hopscotch Kids
For Mom: Healthy mamma, healthy baby.
- Chamomile Dream Aromatherapy to fill your day and your home with serenity $8.95 – $26.95 Angelina Organics Skincare
- Need another excuse to soak in the tub? Terramoor Restorative Herbal Mud Bath immerses Mamma in a therapeutic and detoxifying soak that improves circulation and helps rejuvenate $32.95 Angelina Organics Skincare
- Pregnancy, labor and holding your little bundle of joy for hours a day takes a toll on the body. For natural and powerful relief look no further than locally made Angelina Organics Sore Muscle Rubs. $13.95. Angelina Organics Skincare
- Comfort those chapped little cheeks with soothing and protective Maximum Strength Diaper Ointment. $16.95 Angelina Organics Skincare
- Create a calming ambiance before nap time or bath time with Oregon Lavendar and Sage Essential Oil Soy Candle. $23 Angelina Organics Skincare.
- Sonoma Lavendar Wrap can be heated and used for muscle relaxation for Mama. Perfectly designed for lower back aches. $42 Oregon Body and Bath
- ABRA Bath Salts with essential oils formulated for stress therapy, sleep and relaxation $5.75 – $7.25 Oregon Body and Bath.
- New Moms are often advised to “sleep when the baby sleeps” which can seem impossible in the middle of the afternoon. Yala pure silk eye shades can help provide blissful rest for Mama anytime of day. $20 Oregon Body and Bath