Officials from the Deschutes National Forest have announced a number of road closures for eclipse week, including:
Bend Fort Rock Ranger District eclipse closures:
- Forest Road 370 - one way starting at Todd Lake, Aug 17-21
- Paulina Peak Road. (Forest Road 500) - closed at sunset Aug 20, until 1 pm Aug. 21
- Lava Butte Road. – open to non-motorized traffic only from 9:30 am Aug. 21 through 11:30 am.
Sisters Ranger District eclipse closures:
- Metolius Basin-Green Ridge Forest Road. 1490 closed to motorized use Aug. 17 to 21
- Forest Road 1110 accessing Black Butte closed to motorized use starting at Forest Road 11.
- Forest Road 1140-600/650 leading to Green Ridge Fire Lookout – closed to motorized use Aug. 17 to 21
- Jefferson Lake, Brush Creek and Cabot Lake Trailheads – closed due to Whitewater Fire.
Crescent Ranger District eclipse closures:
- 5815-500 road accessing Odell Butte Lookout – closed Aug. 17 to Aug. 21