The Lionshead Fire on Mt. Jefferson and the Warm Springs Indian Reservation is the largest fire burning in Central Oregon—while at the same time, at least a dozen other fires have destroyed hundreds of homes and killed at least 10 people. Another 22 are still missing.
- Oregon Office of Emergency Management
- These unsung heroes can use your help.
For those looking to help evacuees and firefighters, the Central Oregon Emergency Information Network recommends these ways to help:
- Donate to the 2020 Community Rebuilding Fund, established by Gov. Kate Brown. Both long-term and immediate relief fund portals are available at oregoncf.org
- Sign up to volunteer at the Oregon Office of Emergency Management at oregonrecovers.org.communityos.org
- Donate or volunteer with the Salvation Army Cascades' Division Emergency Disaster Services at cascade.salvationarmy.org/cascade2/oregon-wildfire-response
- Donate to the Wildland Firefighter Foundation at wffoundation.org