Most Read Articles of 2015
1. Smoke 'Em If You Got 'Em (6/24)
An overview of the (then-pending) legalization of recreational marijuana.
2. Better Than Her Men (7/1)
A controversial piece about the contrast between Sheryl Crow's personal and professional successes.
3. Fight for Your Right to Party (9/30) A look at the debate over Riverside Market and Pub's impact on the neighborhood.
4. Fire in the Blood (8/26)
A profile of a Warm Springs mother and her two daughters—all of whom fight fires.
5. No More Killing Coyotes for Sport (1/28)
A column from naturalist Jim Anderson on the sport-hunting of coyotes.
Most Read Online Content of 2015
1. Tired of Newcomers, Portlanders Make Anti-Tourism Video (1/29/2015)
A blog post about some people in Portland who made a silly video discouraging people from visiting their fair city. Apparently, it struck a nerve.
2. Nina De La Tierra, Child of the Earth: The Mystery of the Jerusalem Cricket (8/12/2009)
If you saw one of these creepy little critters, you'd be Googling it too.
3. Open Casting Call for Bend Reality TV Show (2/25/2015)
Gaze upon our navels, for they are lovely.
4. Smoke 'Em If You Got 'Em (6/24/2015)
The most popular print content of the year, this story still didn't beat out the consistently high-performing Jerusalem cricket piece from 2009.
5. Packing Off Pack Rats: Don't kill the rats, move 'em (9/20/2008)
A column in which Jim Anderson extolls the virtues of using live traps to deal with pests.