The opening of playgrounds is in compliance with Phase Two guidelines for Deschutes County. Swings are meant to be swung on, not tied up in a knot. So now instead of yellow tape across slides, we might finally see smiles and laughter.
- Isaac Biehl
- Providence Park during its closure.
People still have to follow some temporary guidelines in both Redmond and Bend:
- Playground visitors are encouraged to wash hands before and after visiting a playground.
- Maintain physical distancing of at least 6 feet.
- Bring hand sanitizer and/or sanitizing wipes for personal use on any surfaces touched.
- Any individuals who are sick or may have contacted someone with COVID-19 should stay home.
According to the CDC, it may be possible that a person can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes, but this isn’t thought to be the main way the virus spreads.