Lately, we've been geeking out over Google Analytics. That is, seeing what it is you all enjoy reading most. So we decided to highlight the most-read stories of the last month. Some of the results were no shocker—the Best Of Central Oregon issue and all things local (especially stories about Crow's Feet Commons) ranked highly. But others caught us by surprise. Namely, how many people have read a story from 2009 about the Jerusalem Cricket and a 2008 piece on pack-rats. Who knew?
Without further ado...the top 15 stories from August 2014.
15. FEATURE: Best Bend-Inspired Tattoo: Joey Hayes by Ryan Osborne at Monolith Tattoo
14. NATURAL WORLD: Packing Off Pack Rats: Don't kill the rats, move 'em
13. CHOW: Around the World: Chef Bethlyn Rider shifts into high gear with Global Fusion food truck
12. FEATURE: Fall Fashion 2014: Dapper day and elegant evening looks
11. CULTURE: Where Everybody Knows Your Name: The Makers District aims to revamp central Bend
10. CHOW: My Heart Stood Stihl: New whiskey bar is a homey addition to downtown
9. SOUND: Wedding in the Woods: Hand-building an independent music festival
8. OPINION: The Boot: What would Andy Griffith Do?
7. NATURAL WORLD: Nina de la Tierra: Child of the Earth: The mystery of the Jerusalem Cricket
6. FEATURE: Modern-day Disciples: Cult survivor alerts Bendites to the Brethren
5. FEATURE: Hotel, Motel, Neighborhood Inn? Westside residents push back against vacation rentals
4. FEATURE: Best of Central Oregon 2014: A complete winners list
3. FEATURE: Winners! Best Of Central Oregon, 2013: A complete list of the BEST, as chosen by our readers
2. FEATURE: 2014 Best of Central Oregon: As voted by Source Weekly readers
1. NEWS: Clipping the Crow's Wings: City denies Crow's Feet Commons' Plaza lease renewal