Bethlyn Rider is the owner/chef at Global Fusion.
It's been quite a year for Bethlyn Rider. After transitioning from her successful food cart last fall, she took a big step and opened her own brick-and-mortar Global Fusion over the summer. Since opening, the fusion-focused chef has expanded her hours and offerings (brunch and specialty cocktails, anyone?). Rider is always on the lookout for new flavors and combinations. Below are five of her favorite dishes from around Bend's bustling food scene.
1) Ceviche at the eastside Hola. Love the crisp flavor with the warm shrimp.
2) Chef Jake's special sushi rolls of the day at Kanpai. He brings an explosion of flavor smartly together. Creative combos.
3) Pho Viet's tofu lemongrass salad. Loads of fried tofu in a lemongrass teriyaki dressing with these rice puffs that you can dip into the sauce.
4) McKay's Cottage's eggs benedict. Their hollandaise is the best in Bend.
5) El Sancho's tacos. Simple, cheap, and full of flavor.